Google
 

Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Controlling Solar PV

If a utility could control how much power they get from a solar PV array, would they invest?

I’m aware that one of the major objections cited by non-solar enthusiasts (I must admit I’ve never actually met a solar opponent!) is the lack of control over the output from a PV array. This issue is sometimes called "intermittency".

If a PV owner were able to turn a knob and (basically at will) adjust the amount of energy produced by 10% of the total capacity (up or down), would that make a difference?

What if they could adjust up/down by 20%?

Is there a point (and what would it be?) where utilities would feel comfortable in investing in solar PV arrays?

I know a way to do just what I’m suggesting. Will it change how utilities view solar?

1 Comments:

At 11:20 PM, Blogger Solar Fernando said...

In relation with this I want to share with you this important information.

Webinars and Educational Videos on Solar Power, Solar Thermal & Wind Power

I think that is other link would be usefull

Guide to Utilizing Solar and Wind Generated Electricity

Best regards.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home