Google
 

Saturday, October 11, 2008

Bush's legacy of multi-lateralism

Sorry, I was just listening to George Soros on "The Journal" and it reminded me of a post of mine from mid-March 2008 entitled "Wall Street's Katrina Moment".

You know what? I was right on the money...and six+ months ahead of the administration. Who would have guessed that the Bush administration's Katrina response was really quite swift?

Why does it take the biggest financial cock-up in 75 years for Bush to finally become a full bore multilateralist?

"It doesn't matter if you're a rich country or a poor country, a developed country or a developing country — we're all in this together," Bush said. "We take this seriously, and we want to work with you."

So back in the day when we were the Superpower "you are either with us or against us". And a mere 6-7 years later with credit so F***ed up, that banks won't even lend to each other, we (of the free-est markets ideology) are nationalizing entire industries!, and the SHIT won't stop hitting the fan, now "we're all in this together" and "we want to work with you".

OMG F***ing brilliant.

The rising tide lifts all yachts, but the bunged-up sewer system overflows into everyones house!

2 Comments:

At 9:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, the F*** and the S*** I don't remember from the old university days. Yep, I agree with you. You'll probably enjoy John Stewart on hulu.com

 
At 11:17 AM, Blogger Daniel said...

I got caught up in the emotion of the markets falling apart last week--I generally don't use that type of language.

I didn't listen to Our Dear Leader on TV for a whole week and I already feel much calmer.

And yes I do enjoy Jon Stewart; take care Linuxnerd.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home