Google
 

Thursday, October 15, 2009

Snapshots of 3D Solar's prototype panel




I thought today (Blog Action Day 2009) would be a good day to post a couple snapshots of my prototype solar panel. Getting these made was my "summer project", which morphed into the full-on launching of my new company 3D Solar Inc.
For anyone new to the site, these patent pending panels incorporate a mirror with each row of solar cells forming a V-shape pair. This is easiest to see in the top picture, where the mirror is on the left and the row of cells on the right (pattern repeats)--if you look at the bottom of the picture you can see the V. The reason this is/should be "interesting": because the mirror puts more light on the cells, you get more power from each cell, so you need fewer cells per panel, leading to less expensive panels.
I have sent the prototype to an independent testing lab where they will measure the performance of the solar panel and report back.

2 Comments:

At 1:51 PM, Blogger Deep Patel said...

Daniel, I met you at the ASES show in SD a few years back, you had a booth there. You've made a lot of progress with your product, are you going to be at solar power international?

 
At 10:19 AM, Blogger Daniel said...

Hi Deep,

Thanks for the comment. Yes I'm attending SPI 2009 (but I didn't get a booth). Will you be there?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home